Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Outline of my presentation

My term project is about New Media and Social Needs. As Maslow' s pyramid shows, social needs are the need for love, safety and security, and belonging. In sum, social needs are expressed through human interaction.The goal of this project is to show how the concept of New Media applied to Maslow's social needs.In section I, I will emphasize specifically on our needs for love. For that purpose, I will examine the case of match.com ( an online dating site) in the U.S. Section II is related to safety and security. In this section, I will address the safety and security issues of people using social networks, in particular the case of Facebook.In sum the privacy issues of students using Facebook. Finally, I will discuss belonging. My focus is the use of the internet communication(e-mail) specially in long distance communication.

No comments: