Friday, October 24, 2008

Check Out Some Social Networking

Social networking is relevant today and many of us rely on it to make friends, find old ones and express our ideas. For instance, people who are shy use these new technologies to express themselves bettter or try to convey their thoughts. I did visit Facebook, Friendster, MySpace and Second life in order to have a better picture of these social networks. Basically, they offer the same kind of services such as making friends, blogs, forums and connecting with others to share ideas and feelings. Moreover, all these social networks are about collaboration, creativity, and sense of belonging or community. However, in my opinion, Second life which is a 3-D virtual world addresses these issues with great passion because people can create avatar that resemble them like in real life. Additionally, in Second life people use a currency called Linden dollar and made transactions to buy land, houses etc...

4 comments:

newmediaadls said...

I agree with what you said about social networks as ways to keep in touch with friends and meet new ones too. I checked out Second Life too and from what I've seen, it's a pretty cool website, especially since it resembles real life.

Jose said...

That is true about social networking sites. They are a good way of meeting new friends and staying in touch with old ones. It can also be used to express how you feel.

msyed85 said...

Hey did you created you bio on wiki and if you did can you forward me the bio page you have.I ll add that on my faq page.

NEW MEDIA DL said...

I agree with you, that second life seems pretty interesting. Ever since I heard about it I have always wanted to try it, although I have yet to have the opportunity to sign up.